Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cupcake Teaser Photos.... Lots of 'Em!

It's teaser time!!

Our fabulous photographers, The Wiebners, captured so many amazing moments on our wedding day, and they have now gone above and beyond, posting over 50 teaser photos from our day on their blog. It will be a bit longer until I have all of the proofs to share with you all, but until then, here are some snippets that I can't resist sharing. (Click on any photo to enlarge.)

Mr. Cupcake getting ready with the guys

One of Mr. Cupcake's groomsmen is his uncle, shown here on the right, who was always like a big brother to him. He works in Bangladesh and flew all the way home for our wedding day.

Getting my makeup done by the fabulous Emily of Cheekadee! She made me feel like a princess. Natalie Pagano did everyone's hair beautifully, and both she and Emily came right to my room (The Presidential Suite, woohoo!) at The Desmond. Being able to hang out there all morning was really relaxing and I never felt rushed.

Checking myself out! (You can sort of see here my "Team Bride" tank top.... SIL Cupcake let me borrow hers, which she sported getting ready for her own wedding to my brother last summer.)

Our Day Of Coordinator, Jenn Poletti of Perfect Planners, helping to secure my veil. It was really surreal seeing myself as a bride. I thought the day would never come!

Mr. Cupcake waiting for the shuttle outside of The Desmond and getting one last iPhone check in. (That's FIL Cupcake next to him.)


We saw each other for the first time at Valley Creek Park, up the road from The Desmond. The Wiebners took some great portraits in front of the old farm house after we first saw each other.

This photo took my breath away when I first saw it. I love the light behind me, and I like the fact that this wasn't posed.... I was just fixing my dress!

My flowers were everything I ever wanted but never knew how to express! Wade at Blue Moon Florist in Downingtown somehow figured out what I was looking for, despite my flip-flopping back and forth, and what resulted was the most perfect bouquet I could have ever imagined.

Getting in one last touch-up before the ceremony.

Our programs! I slaved over these in the week before the wedding. I used the die-cut pieces left over from our invitations as front and back covers (go, recycling!), Gocco'd the covers with silver ink, and attached the covers to an accordian style interior with all of our ceremony information. I finished them off (and held them closed) with a 1/8" wide silver satin ribbon. I promise that a detailed DIY tutorial is to come soon!

The walk down the aisle with my parents.... my mom was excited! And I couldn't keep my eyes off of Mr. Cupcake. I teared up a tiny bit, but I held it together much more than I expected to.

When Mr. Cupcake smiles, his whole FACE smiles... I love this picture of him, and I love my brother's expression behind him.

Wow.

The light coming in from the stained glass window was so ethereal.

After the ceremony, we headed to the West Chester Railroad yard for some cool pictures with the trains. This place had so much character!

Mr. Cupcake showing off his teal argyle socks. We actually bought these for all of the groomsmen, but totally forgot to have the Wiebners get a group shot! Oh well.... this rad one makes up for it!

Our rings!

Getting some smooches in, in between some trains...

If you look real hard, you can see our limo driver in the background, waiting for us!

I can't wait to see the rest of the shots from our stop at the orange antique shop. This one came out very cool!

Time for the cocktail hour.... that means photo booth time! Here are my cousins and bridesmaids making faces for their photo strip.

On the left you can see the custom posters I made for the photo booth! Come on now, did you really think I'd leave some generic posters in there? You should all know me better by now :-)

The photo mats that I Gocco'd for people to showcase their photos were a big hit and it was great seeing everyone show them off all night.

It's like my friends are peeking out of his pocket!

Our well-wishes memo board was also a hit.... we got some great notes from friends and family throughout the night!

We ended up having three signature cocktails.... here the bartender is mixing up one of them. I never got to try one but I hear they were tasty.... a post about our cocktails will come soon!

The ballroom getting all set up.... by the time our guests got in there, the lighting wasn't this bright, but this is a great view of how everything looked.

Our cake! You may remember that I came up with the design myself, based on our invitation design, and the wonderful bakers at Sweet Jazmine's made it a reality. Flowers from Blue Moon topped it off perfectly.

We had so much fun during our first dance, chatting and laughing.

Mr. Cupcake's best man gave a very memorable and wonderful toast. He included some heart-felt words about his best friend, Mr. Cupcake, and then at the perfect moment, he threw in, "and now you join together for better or for worse.... Nick couldn't do better, and Brooke couldn't do worse." It was perfectly timed and the laughter erupted. What a perfect way to lighten things up :-)


Mr. Cupcake and his mom sharing a sweet moment after their adorable dance together. Here you can see a good shot of the dance floor lighting (a cool peacock feather pattern) that was set up by Synergetic Sounds and Lighting.

A cool shot of one of our photo booth pictures, our teal napkins, silver chargers that I bought from Save On Crafts, our toasting glasses, and our "little blank book" place cards! (I promise to blog more about our place cards soon.)

Cutting the cake!

I surprised Mr. Cupcake with a Groom's Cake.... a Boston Red Sox hat! I'll have a post with the background and more fab pictures for you soon.

Let the dance party begin! Behind me in the teal dress is my Maid of Honor who came home (again!) from Austria, along with her boyfriend (in the center) for the big day. What great friends we have!

Two of my crazy fun cousins. They danced the entire night! That's Daddy Cupcake on the right, who also danced his heart out all night.

Setting up our Tastykake dessert display towards the end of the night!

I love this photo.... the couple on the left celebrated their one-year anniversary the day after our wedding!

There was LOTS of singing and dancing all night...

Photo booth fun :-) Love it!!!!

Those Wiebners are just so clever.

So, there you have it.... the teaser to end all teasers. BIG thanks to the Wiebners for putting together such an amazing collection of shots! (And also for putting up with our stalking... we were a little excited to see these!) As soon as we have more photos to share, I will be posting about all of the details of our day in greater detail. I can't wait to share with you all!

No comments: