Sunday, August 23, 2009

Love is All About "We": And We Danced

All photos below by The Wiebners. We purchased a disc of all unedited images from our wedding day, so some post-processing has been done by me for the purpose of sharing the photos with you. Click on any photo to enlarge.

I know you readers often hear apologies from us bees for falling off of the face of the Weddingbee earth for a period of time... I never thought it would take me over 3 months to get back on the recap bandwagon, but now I totally understand how it happens! Life has been extremely busy lately, and I guess I needed to take a breather from writing about our wedding. Sifting through the photos, choosing the "right" ones that will help me tell our story, and racking my brain to remember all of the moments I want to share with you all — it's safe to say I put a lot of pressure on myself and it has caused me to procrastinate. But I am back, vowing once and for all to finish these recaps before our one year anniversary (which is just around the corner on September 20... how did that happen?!?). I hope a few of you out there still remember me after all this time... :-)

Anyway... where were we? Ah yes... we cut the cake, said a few words of thanks to our guests, and the surprise groom's cake that I had ordered on the sly was presented to my hubby. Getting everyone on the dance floor to ogle the Red Sox hat cake and sway along to "Sweet Caroline" was the perfect way to really get the dance party started! From that point on, the DJ kept the good tunes a-flowin', so it was time to put on my dancing shoes. I take my dancing very, very seriously, people.

I found these satin-ish (read: fake satin) teal flats online for $22.95 and ordered them a few weeks before the wedding; they weren't the comfiest, but I added some Dr. Scholl's gel pads and voila — extremely cozy dancing shoes!

Mr. C isn't the dancing machine that I am, so he spent some time chatting and catching up with other non-dancing guests, while I took on the responsibility of keeping the dancing guests happy. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it!

(I'm really quite shy on the dance floor. Can't you tell?)

I think our guests had an okay time. Clearly, though, I really had to DRAG them onto the dance floor and force them to have a good time...

Well, maybe not :-) They seemed to do a pretty good job of getting out there on their own.

My dad, whom I have mentioned is quite the dancing machine himself (that must be where I get my slick moves! ;-), told me the next day that he hadn't danced that much or felt that sore in years! I think that's a pretty good indication that he enjoyed himself.

Momma Cupcake, who is no stranger to the dance floor herself, did a wardrobe change so she'd be more comfortable cutting a rug...

... and thanks to her cousin, our evening continued to be captured on video.

I have to say, there is nothing better than seeing your closest friends and family members dancing, laughing, having fun, and reconnecting with one another. It made all of the planning, stressing, over-thinking and preparing totally, undoubtedly, 100% worth it. Times 7 million.

Oh, and not to worry — my groom did make a few appearances on the dance floor!

Coming up next: a surprise late night snack, flowers taking flight, and some final smooches in the photo booth!

Previously in our wedding recaps:
The Eve of Our Big Day: The Rehearsal Dinner
Love is All About "We": Getting Gorgeous
Love is All About "We": The Dress!
Love is All About "We": The Guys Get Sexy

Love is All About "We": The First Look
Love is All About "We": Our Entourage
Love is All About "We": Almost Time
Love is All About "We": We Do!
Love is All About "We": Ready for Our Close-Up
Love is All About "We": Cocktails, Anyone?
Love is All About "We": Ballroom Sneak Peek
Love is All About "We": A Grand Entrance (and a First Dance)
Love is All About "We": Toasting and Twisting
Love is All About "We": Mingling, Impromptu Dancing, and Cutting the Cake!
Love is All About "We": A Surprise for My Groom

No comments: