Monday, October 15, 2007

Keeping on track

For the first time since the wedding planning began, I suddenly feel dangerously close to getting off track with my timeline!

My life has become complete chaos in the last few weeks (albeit wonderful, welcomed chaos), but I am trying my best to stay on target with the things I need to get done for the wedding each month. I am finally realizing that it's time to really get down to business and start making lots and lots of decisions -- it's not all about looking through pretty magazines and browsing the web anymore! Apparently, I have to actually do stuff? Hmph.

During my "wedding coma" of this weekend (ie, two weddings in one weekend in two different states, involving lots of driving, one lipstick stain, and two very tired feet that had to get up bright and early for work this morning), I decided that I can't be this exhausted, burnt out person for the next eleven months!!! I asked Mr. Blushing if he would mind if I gave him a "to-do" list every month to help me out with some wedding details, and he happily obliged. October is already halfway over but my list isn't quite crossed off yet, so I need to pick up the pace and I need his help. We decided that he will do all the research for the honeymoon, narrow down his favorite locations, and then we can decide on a place together. This will be one less thing for me to do, and I think it will be fun for him to be in charge of this big detail.

I haven't always been the best at delegating (stupid perfectionism!), but I trust Mr. Blushing enough to marry him, so why not trust him to make decisions for our day???

No comments: