Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our "After The Wedding" List

Um. Hi. Remember me? It's me, Miss Cupcake. I know I haven't blogged in, like, ages, and you've probably forgotten all about me and Mr. Cupcake and our wedding. But I hope you will forgive me, dear hive. You see, with the wedding fast approaching (nine days, gulp!), things have been a little crazy in the life of this Cupcake. ("Little" being the understatement of the century.)

There are DIY projects, lessons, failures, excitement, frustrations, and surprises to be blogged about.... but until I get around to sitting down and coherently telling you all about those things, I thought I'd tell you about something that is keeping Mr. Cupcake and I going these days. It's what we call our "After The Wedding" list.

The "After The Wedding" list is our mental list of all the things we can't wait to do once the wedding is over. It's not to say that we aren't extremely excited for our fast approaching (did I mention how fast? NINE DAYS!) big day. But we are also ready for our nineteen month engagement period to come to an end, to make our vows to one another, to celebrate like crazy with our friends and family, to take the most relaxing vacation of our lives, and to get back to a somewhat normal life. Among the things we are looking forward to are:
  • taking cooking classes (this one's all me)
  • getting our apartment back (meaning free of wedding clutter)
  • visiting friends and cousins who live in other states
  • taking leisurely Saturdays to do absolutely nothing
  • being able to decide on a whim to take a Sunday drive somewhere new, and actually having the time to do it
  • going to Quizzo on Monday nights at our favorite neighborhood bar
  • watching football with the boys (Mr. Cupcake) while I get shipped off somewhere
  • working on fun Gocco/artsy/construction projects just because we want to, not because we "have" to for the wedding
  • having a social life
As much as we're so excited for our day to get here, we're also really looking forward to being husband and wife and not feeling the "wedding deadline" looming overhead with everything we do and every social-life decision we make.

Do you have an "After The Wedding" list? What are you looking forward to doing the most once your wedding is over?

No comments: