Saturday, September 20, 2008

Somebody’s getting married….

TODAY!*

It feels so surreal that this day is finally here. My hotel room is currently bustling with excitement as the hair and makeup ladies are beautifying my already beautiful bridesmaids, mom and (almost) mother-in-law. I had the best night of sleep I have had in weeks, I feel completely relaxed, and I am beyond excited for this day that we have been anticipating for so long.

Today, I get to marry my best friend; my favorite person in the whole world who makes me laugh when I need it most, comforts me when I’m feeling sad or disappointed, and who never ceases to amaze me with his love for me. Really, I don’t know how I got so lucky.

The outpouring of love and true excitement from our friends and families over the last several months has been astounding and incredibly humbling. Knowing that they’ll all be there watching as Mr. Cupcake and I exchange vows today kind of takes my breath away. We are so completely fortunate.

Planning our wedding alongside all of the fabulous Bees and with the amazing ideas and support of you readers has been one of the most incredible experiences for me. I can’t wait to share all of the details of our day with you all, as you have inspired me so much.

Thank you for everything. I’ll see you all soon – as a Mrs.!

Mr. Cupcake and I last night at our rehearsal dinner. Excuse the crazy eyes, I guess I was excited!

• I couldn’t help but quote “The Muppets Take Manhattan,” one of my favorite movies as a kid. Coincidentally, I was watching this movie on t.v. the morning of the day that Mr. Cupcake proposed to me!

No comments: