Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Love is All About "We": The Guys Get Sexy

All photos below by The Wiebners. We purchased a disc of all unedited images from our wedding day, so some post-processing has been done by me for the purpose of sharing the photos with you. Click on any photo to enlarge.

We're taking a break from all the super girlie bridal stuff to check in with our dashing groom and his partners in crime! The boys — I mean, men — got ready in my brother's guest room at The Desmond.

Now, let's face it: it probably took the guys about 15 minutes to get ready while we ladies primped for hours. I wasn't there (obviously), but from the looks of the photos, there was a lot of tie-tying, and, well, that's about it.


Okay, okay — I lied. There was also some cuff link....ing?



It looks like they also indulged in some fine Brooke & Nick (aka Mrs. & Mr. Cupcake) water.

One of my 7,639 DIY projects

But back to the tie tying: Mr. Cupcake looks pretty cute while he ties a tie, doesn't he?




Mr. Cupcake's Uncle Kevin, who was always more like a big brother to him (he is 15-years older than Mr. C), actually lives in Bangladesh where he is a regional director for an international charity. He came alllllll that way from Dhaka to be one of our groomsmen. Now that's love! Below, he spiffs himself up (left) while my brother uses the other side of the mirror to get himself lookin' all dapper.


Mr. Cupcake's best friend, Ryan, filled the role of Best Man. You can see in the photo of him below the teal and ivory paisley ties we got for all of the guys.



The guys all wore black suits instead of tuxes, and Mr. Cupcake added some suspenders to complete the look. I love the look of black suspenders with a crisp white shirt! I think he looks quite dashing.

Mr. Cupcake and his Uncle Kevin

I spy a Wiebner!


Evidently, groomsman Brad was having some trouble with his tie. He called in Ryan for reinforcement while groomsman Jeremy watched from the sidelines.


Well, apparently Ryan didn't work out, so my dad stepped in. (He hung out with the guys before coming to "pick me up" in my suite.)



Mr. Cupcake and I are both addicted to our iPhone's, so I'm not surprised that he snuck a peak.


One of my lovely bridesmaids delivered not one but TWO cards to Mr. Cupcake, from me. One was a nice sweet card, and the other one was just something funny that reminded me of us.


What, no tears?? He must have been saving them up for the ceremony....

Then, it was just your usual guys-hanging-out-being-guys type of thing.

My dad was all smiles all day

Brother Cupcake is a menswear designer so looking dapper is in his blood!

Groomsman Jeremy found some time to read while Mr. Cupcake checked himself out one last time.


FIL Cupcake soon arrived and was greeted at the door by Stepdad Cupcake.


Once everyone was together, my dad made his way to my suite while the rest of the guys headed downstairs at The Desmond. They were supposed to take some group portraits outside... but got a little sidetracked first at the hotel gift shop.

Here, Jeremy is modeling the Austin-Powers-on-crack glasses; work it, Jeremy!

Who doesn't love a good set of beer goggles?

Would you like some cheese with your wine?

When the silly antics subsided, Joel caught this cool shot of Mr. Cupcake waiting in the lobby.


Then the guys headed outside for some posed shots.

Hey hot stuff!


Guy love!

Pretty soon, it would be time for the guys to hitch a ride to our first photo location, so they broke out the shades and headed over to the entrance of the hotel to wait for the bridesmaids.



Mr. Cupcake snuck in another peek at his iPhone, this time to check out some sports stats with his dad.

This photo makes me giggle... this is such a classic Mr. Cupcake "well what do I do now?" stance that I am very familiar with.

Up next, our "first look"!


Previously in our wedding recaps:
The Eve of Our Big Day: The Rehearsal Dinner
Love is All About "We": Getting Gorgeous
Love is All About "We": The Dress!

No comments: