Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bridal Shower, Part One: A Ladies Luncheon

The day after my bachelorette party, I had my first of three (yes, three!) bridal showers. I know that you are probably thinking that three showers is ridiculous, but it actually worked out quite well. Shower #1 was a luncheon hosted by my mom's best friend, with my extended family and my mom's girlfriends invited. Shower #2 was a surprise afternoon shower hosted by Mr. Cupcake's aunt, with his extended family (who don't live near us) invited. And Shower #3 was an evening cocktail party shower hosted by my fabulous bridesmaids, with all of my spectacular girlfriends invited. Having three showers helped to make things more intimate (and the opening of gifts didn't become painfully long for my lovely guests).

Shower #1 was at Overbrook Golf Club in Villanova, PA. Overbrook is a stunning place and I always feel a little unworthy of its fanciness when I'm there. The day began at noon with mimosas and chit chat with approximately 35 guests, and continued with a delicious lunch, yummy cake, and pretty presents!


How pretty is this cake??? It tasted even better than it looked! Unfortunately I have no idea where it was from....

There were four large round tables set up for all of the guests to enjoy lunch. These stunning centerpieces graced each table.


Custom M&Ms with "B + N Forever" sat at each place setting for the guests to take home with them.


And then, there were the gifts!!!!


I was so excited to get our linens and towels from Bloomingdales. These were a bit of a splurge on our registry, but we knew we'd regret it if we didn't have quality linens. Lucky for us, they have all been on sale since we registered for them, so we don't feel as guilty registering for some higher priced items!

Mr. Cupcake's mom gave us this great L.L. Bean monogrammed tote filled with some amazing Tupperware:

I think I'm saying, "you mean there's even more inside of this one???" She did not scrimp on the Tupperware, that's for sure!!

Followed by the Iced Tea Maker that my mom swears by:

"Mmm hmm, that's right... I've got one and you don't!"

And the first place setting of our Halo dinnerware from Crate & Barrel:

I am a little excited.

I love the cake knife set that we got from Vera Wang (probably the only Vera Wang anything that I will ever own):


My mom also got us this amazing Oleander Bowl from Crate & Barrel.... however, let this be a lesson to be cautious of registering for items that you have not actually seen in person. It is, ahem, a bit larger than I expected! I am still hoping it can be a beautiful dining room centerpiece someday (when we actually have a dining room), if I can find a place to keep it until then!


And there has to be at least one embarrassing photo, right?


We got some really beautiful gifts and the shower was so lovely. It was fun to be surrounded by some really wonderful people after a weekend filled with mixed emotions. We ended the day with the usual pictures of me modeling the ribbon bouquet that SIL Cupcake slaved away on while I was opening my loot!

Momma Cupcake and me

SIL Cupcake/bridesmaid Kim, bridesmaid Chrissy, Matron of Honor Kelli and Maid of Honor Nicole. Bridesmaids (and cousins) Michele and Coleen couldn't make the trip from New Orleans but they will be here for the wedding! :-)

Still to come: bridal shower parts two and three!

No comments: