Thursday, August 28, 2008

Photo Scouting

One aspect of the wedding that has been stressing me out for a while has been finding a charming place for photos that won't impose on the brief timeframe that we have allowed for them. I know that our fab photographers, The Wiebners, will compose fantastic photos no matter where we are, but I still wanted to find something with a little charm and interest.

Enter Mama Cupcake, who came to the rescue after scouting out a few places around our reception site, The Desmond. Literally two minutes away is Valley Creek Park, which, aside from being perfectly convenient, has an adorable spring house and a larger house (we think perhaps the groundskeeper's residence?) that have just the charm and character I was looking for.





This door is very tiny, and it will make us look like giants. Note to self: must take photo next to tiny door!

Mr. Cupcake and I will see each other for the first time at this park, and after taking some pictures of our first meeting, we'll also take photos with our bridal party here. In addition to the cute houses, there are some other notable photo-worthy spots:

Pretty trails with lots of yummy light

Fun, swervy trees that remind me of a dinosaur's neck

Mama Cupcake also found this really awesome quarry nearby, but unfortunately we wouldn't be able to get beyond the fence that blocks the amazing view to capture some cool shots. Nonetheless, here are some cool shots I took by holding my camera up high.



After the ceremony, Mr. Cupcake and I will have a little less than an hour to steal away for some pictures of just the two of us. With limited time, we won't have the opportunity to wander around the area and find some cool photo ops to explore, so I found two more fun spots in between our ceremony and reception, including the West Chester Railroad depot with vintage railroad cars:


And this little orange house at the entrance to an antique store complex. This house totally speaks to me!



Next door is this (just as orange) garage:


I know that the Wiebners will make anything look spectacular, but I'm excited to have some fun spots scouted out for them to work with.

Have you chosen locations for your photos, or are you just going to wing it? Are you allowing a lot of time for photos?

No comments: