Sunday, January 4, 2009

One Ringy-Dingy... Two Ringy-Dingy...

Can you believe I have been blogging on Weddingbee for over a year and I have yet to show you my ring? What kind of poor excuse for a bride am I, right? Well, since everyone else is doing it (and yes, if they were going to jump off of a bridge, I would do that, too), I figured there was no better time than now to show you my bling. With the help of Anne Ruthman's amazing tutorial and my beloved new Panasonic Lumix TZ-5 point-and-shoot (by far the best purchase we made for our honeymoon), I went to town.

While in Brooklyn visiting Brother and SIL Cupcake in November, we went to Brooklyn Flea and picked up this amazing vintage letterpress type drawer. It was a great prop to showcase my rings! We are planning on somehow making it into a table of some sort one day. I'll leave that up to Mr. C to figure out...


My ring is by designer A. Jaffe. It has a Pavé platinum band and round cut diamond in the center. The center stone is .75 carats (Mr. Cupcake did an amazing job of choosing a near-flawless stone), but the Pavé stones surrounding it give it the illusion of being larger. I definitely don't mind that ;-)


Before Mr. Cupcake and I first went ring shopping "for fun" about 6 months before we got engaged, I knew I loved this style of ring. I wanted something that had a vintage flair to it, but I also wanted a very thin band because I have fairly small hands; I didn't want anything that looked too clunky on me. Along with wanting a thin band, I also knew that I really wanted a ring that would allow for a thin coordinating wedding band, as I'm not a fan of engagement rings and wedding bands that don't match. When I tried this ring on, I immediately loved the simplicity of it combined with the vintage-looking setting, and I loved that the coordinating wedding band was designed to sit snugly under the setting of the engagement ring. The woman at the store let me wear it the whole time we were there and I was totally in love with it, so Mr. Cupcake knew it was definitely the one!


The ring has a European shank design, which means it is weighted at the bottom so it doesn't turn easily on my finger. That is a really nice feature. You can also see in the above photo the signature "A" logo for A. Jaffe with a tiny diamond on the bottom left of each side of both rings.


Mr. Cupcake bought my ring at Robbins Diamonds in Newark, Delaware (also the home of my alma mater!). Delaware is a tax-free state, so he saved a bundle by buying my ring there. I'm glad I married such a smart spender :-)

Because I had too much fun setting up a little glamour shot for my two ringy-dingies*, here are a few more photos (since I had a hard time choosing just a couple that I liked the best).

I used a ceramic flower candle holder for the two shots above. All photos were edited in Adobe Photoshop using the following adjustments: Levels, Curves, and Hue/Saturation.

One of the photo booth pictures from our wedding, on the Gocco'd photo mats I created so our guests could take their photos home as favors.

On top of the dinner menus I created (as a very last-minute project 6 days before the wedding) with a silhouette/monogram logo. I'll definitely do a tutorial of this for you soon.

* Props go to whoever knows what famous comedian that is a reference to!

No comments: