Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Perfect Accent, Part 1: Earrings


Since I bought my wedding dress a full year before our wedding, I had plenty of time to search for the perfect accessories. The only problem was that I'm not so great at accessorizing on a day-to-day basis... it did take me a bit of time to decide what I was looking for, but I managed to achieve just the look I wanted.

On the wedding day, I was so pleased with how all of my jewelry and accessories came together; I decided to continue my ring photo shoot to capture some great jewelry shots to show you all. First up: my earrings from Lunessa.

You may remember that I had seen these earrings on the Lunessa website after SIL Cupcake highly recommended the store to me, and I fell in love. I found the exact earrings I had been picturing in my head. After deciding the price tag ($125) was a bit too much for me, though, my dad and step-mom made the generous offer to buy them for me as a birthday gift. I wanted to make sure I really, really wanted them, so while in NYC for the National Stationery Show last May, I stopped by Lunessa in SOHO to see them in person. The freshwater pearl and crystal clusters were smaller than I had imagined they'd be, but they were really, really pretty. They were the perfect, dainty earrings that I wanted, so I gave my dad the "go" to buy them for me!

Earring photos by me

Non-pro photo by SIL Cupcake

I like that they were more of a small accent rather than a bold statement. My dress had a lot of beading and sparkle, so I really didn't need loud earrings. They are also something I can wear again in the future.

Next up: my custom-made bracelet!

Where did you find the jewelry you that you will wear on your wedding day? Did you splurge or find a bargain?

No comments: