Sunday, February 17, 2008

Accessories for Dummies

Confession: I am a terrible accessorizer. I wear the same few pairs of earrings and two or three necklaces in a constant rotation, because they're safe and I *think* they don't look stupid together, but I usually don't have a clue. I usually feel silly wearing bracelets. I can spot great jewelry on anyone, but when it comes to putting it on myself, I never know how much is enough or too much, or what looks best with what, or if earrings and necklaces should match each other. As an artist, you'd think I'd get into it, but this is one blank canvas I can never quite figure out.

Wedding jewelry is no exception. (Mr. Cupcake, this is where you stop reading). My dress is v-neck, so I'm assuming that unless I want to wear a choker-type of necklace (which I am pretty sure I don't), I should go sans necklace. But then the earrings.... should I make up for the lack of necklace with dramatic earrings? Or keep it simple?

Another point of contention is that my dress has a lot of beading, but no crystals. When I tried on veils and shoes with crystals, they just didn't go with the overall look. For jewelry, I'm sure I'll have to stick with beads and pearls, which seem to be a lot less popular right now (which means they'll be harder to find). I'm not even sure where to begin looking for inexpensive but well-made jewelry.

Eek. Me confused :-(

No comments: