Sunday, February 17, 2008

Wanted: A New Camera That Doesn't Suck

I don't know what it is about me and cameras; I buy a new one every few years that I research and research and research about, but after a little while of thinking it's the latest and greatest piece of photography equipment, I start finding flaw after flaw after flaw.

My biggest issue lately is a common gripe with digital cameras: the delay. I love digital, but I am a big fan of candid shots, so there is nothing more annoying than missing a great moment because my camera needed to "think" for a few seconds first. I also yearn to be able to take decent close-ups without them being a blur-fest. Maybe it's my newfound blogger status that has put me over the edge, but it drives me insane when I can't get a single good shot of a project I've created that I want to show the world!

The honeymoon is now only about 7 months away, and although we haven't booked a trip yet, I know that wherever we go I'm going to want some fabulous pictures to come home with! I don't want to regret missing any great shots just because my camera didn't have the chops. I'd love to get a new camera now so I have some time to mess around with it and get to know it a little better while being able to better document the wedding planning process.

I don't even know where to begin with researching, now that there is just so much out there to choose from. I'd like something somewhat compact that I can fit into a purse, and speed, zoom and clarity are my next big priorities. Can anyone out there in the hive recommend a great camera that has met your standards, and may just meet mine?

No comments: