Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Search for the Perfect Shoe

I used to call shoes "shoes" because, um, that's what they're called.... but since watching shows like Project Runway and What Not to Wear, I have learned that the real style-mavens of the world call them by their singular name — it is not a pair of shoes. It is a shoe.

So, I am looking for "a shoe" for my wedding that will accomplish the following:

• thou shalt make me taller, but not quite as tall as Mr. Cupcake (who is only about 3.5" taller than me)

• thou shalt not make me grimace in pain and curse the day that I bought thee

• thou shalt look dazzlingly handsome with my vintage-esque Casablanca gown

• thou shalt not have too much "stuff" that interferes with the detailed beading on said gown

• thou shalt not cost so much that I feel the need to wear them to work with jeans after the wedding in order to justify the cost (even if they are just that cute)

I have never really worn a peep-toe heel, but for some reason that is all I am drawn to when I look at wedding shoes. There is something classic and sophisticated about them, and classic and sophisticated is what I'm pretending to be on my wedding day!

I haven't done tons of searching yet, but on My Glass Slipper I did find the following contenders:

Touch Ups "Abby" • 1.875" heel • $47

Colorful Creations Style CC81630 • 2.75" heel • $56

Nina "Celine" • 2.5" heel • $99.95

Touch Ups "Melissa" • 2.75" heel • $82

Caparros "Val" • 2.5" heel • $89

Cynthia Rowley "Trilogy" • 3.5" heel • $210
Definitely too high of a heel, but look how pretty they are.... sigh....

Stuart Weitzman "Tallulah" • 2.5" heel • $255
By far my favorite of the bunch that would give me the perfect amount of extra height....
unfortunately, also the most expensive!
Come on Tallulah, don't you want to come home with Miss Cupcake?

Where have you found your perfect wedding shoe? Are there any other adorable 2.5" peep toe pumps that I am missing?

No comments: