Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Button up!

I had a "case of the Mondays" yesterday, so on my way home from work I stopped at the grocery store and got two things sure to lift my spirits: a roll of Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough, and the new issue of InStyle Weddings. (You can feel my day getting better already, can't you?)

While chowing down on some raw cookie dough (I know, Mom, I shouldn't do that!) and reading my magazine, I came across this adorable table number idea using buttons:

photo via Brooklyn Bride, via InStyle Weddings

I started thinking about my new vintage theme that is slowly falling into place, and I realized that incorporating vintage-looking buttons would be the perfect flair that I am looking for!

With the help of a Weddingbee member who pointed me in the direction of these cute napkin rings from Martha, I searched a little further and found this cake that made my heart literally skip a beat:

photo via Martha Stewart Weddings

Is that not the. cutest. thing. you've ever seen????? I must have it!!!!!

It's so exciting when things actually start to come together.... Between this and my cut glass/eclectic candle holder idea for the centerpieces, I feel like I'm well on my way to a cohesive look and feel for our wedding, after a while of wandering aimlessly through this overwhelming (and sometimes frightening) wedding world.

Was there a moment or idea that suddenly pulled everything together for you?

No comments: