Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bachelorette Dilemma!

I am a very lucky bride -- my bridesmaid's have been working tirelessly to plan a super fabulous cocktail-party themed bridal shower for little ol' me. Since I am fortunate enough to be having more than one shower, the shower from my bridesmaids will be exclusively for all my fabulous girlfriends to attend (and of course my fabulous mom and FMIL). I can hardly wait to see all the amazing details they have come up with for my shower (and I know they have lots of surprises in store -- all they'll tell me is the date, time and location, and I pretty much have to guess the rest!).

My shower will be around 5:00 on a Saturday evening (since it is a "happy hour shower," if you will!), so hopefully my lady-friends will hang out into the evening sipping fabulous cocktails and doing things that ladies do at showers. All but one of my 'maids live out of town, so I am grateful that they'll be coming into town for this shindig, and I have a handful of other out-of-town friends who will be invited as well.

The only minor dilemma this has created is that now we're all a little stumped as far as what to do for a bachelorette party. A lot of brides have their shower and bachelorette over the same weekend to accommodate travelers, but this might be a bit tricky for me since the Saturday night spot of that weekend will already be jam-packed with bridal shower splendiforousness. I'm infamous for being a waste of life when Friday nights roll around after a long week of work, so planning something the previous night would probably not be the best idea. A weekend trip somewhere isn't really a possibility since we're all a bit busy this summer and I don't really want anyone to have to go to any huge expense (since they've already put so much time and I'm sure money into my shower), and I'm also not so much the "let's go club-hopping, do shots and see strippers" type of gal. I'd love to go for dinner and drinks somewhere and then go out to do something.... but what? And when???? I think I'll be a little too overwhelmed in the few nights before the wedding to do anything then, but I'm having a hard time figuring out another time that my girl friends will actually be able to get together.

So hive, I need some opinions: what fun, non-traditional bachelorette parties have you been a part of? Did you/are you planning to have yours in the few days leading up to your wedding, or farther in advance? Should we just let my bridal shower double as a bachelorette party and call it a draw? Or, will I regret not having a raucous night out somewhere with my favorite ladies?

No comments: