Sunday, July 6, 2008

Color Palette Validation

Some days while heavily under the influence of my wedding-planning trance, I find myself in a moment of panic when I'm second-guessing my color palette yet again — actually, we might as well call it ninety-second-guessing because I've worried about it so much. Then, on a day like today, I'm reminded of how much I love my color palette of teal and chartreuse (or lime green or bright green or whatever I decide to call it on that particular day.... it seems like everyone has a different vision of what chartreuse is!) when I come across an inspiration board like this one found on Sparkliatti:

Inspiration board found on Sparkliatti (thanks Miss Tiramisu and SIL Cupcake!)

Ahhh, color palette goodness!

A follow-up post about this inspiration board included a recommendation for colorful flowers to use as an accent. I've been pretty committed to using only whites and greens in our wedding flowers, mostly because I can't decide on another color to incorporate, but these orange and fuchsia flowers certainly add an element of surprise that I hadn't considered:

This photo is from Sparkliatti, too :-)

I'm meeting with the florist next week to really nail down all of the specifics, and I can't help but feel a little stuck with not much time to spare. I'm not sure that the orange and fuchsia are quite what I'm looking for, but I'm starting to get nervous that the white and green that I'm picturing as "simple and stunning" will just end up looking redundant and boring. I've toyed with the idea of adding in little punches of purple, or perhaps just different shades of blue, but I just can't decide.

Is anyone else out there set on their color scheme but having a hard time figuring out what accent colors will work the best for their flowers? Any other teal and chartreuse brides out there with any suggestions?

No comments: