Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hair-Flair

I sometimes get an idea in my head, and become a little obsessed with that idea until I attain or obtain exactly what I'm looking for. Lately, this idea is a funky and colorful (but not overly loud) adornment for my hair at our reception.

I'll be wearing a veil for the ceremony and photos, but I'd like to add a little bit of fun hair-flair for the reception. I have found flowers and crystals and feathers (oh, my!), but nothing has yet tickled my fancy.

While doing my nightly wedding blog reading last night, I came across a possible solution to my hair-flair search. Lynn at Handcrafted posted about some adorable flower brooch's from Piper Ewan's Etsy shop. They are exactly what I have been picturing! Just look at how fabulous these are:


Designer Kirsten Moore says she will take special orders if you ask nicely :-) Her prices are extremely reasonable for such beautiful hand-crafted creations, and she also has some funky, unique garters on her site. I think I am going to have to figure out exactly what I want my hair-flair to look like and have Kirsten make me a Piper Ewan original!

Has anyone else been searching for a unique accessory that they can't quite find just yet? Maybe the hive can lend you a hand!

No comments: