Saturday, May 10, 2008

Accessorize Me, Part Two

Last weekend when Mr. Cupcake and I were visiting Bro & SIL Cupcake, we found ties for the guys and earrings for me at the mother of all Macy's. The day after we returned from our New York visit, I had an appointment to try on my recently-arrived veil with my dress at The Wedding Touch, so it was the perfect opportunity to try the earrings on with the whole ensemble. I apologize that I don't have any photos of me with the earrings on, but needless to say, they just didn't do it for me. I'm trying to go for more of a relaxed look and the earrings just looked too.... structured, or something.

As always, my style-hero SIL Cupcake came to the rescue. Once she sent me the link to Lunessa.com, I fell in love with these stunning earrings:


These Freshwater Pearl cluster earrings are so so so so pretty; I like that they have pearls but still have a little bling with the Swarovski crystal accents and CZ teardrops. You can choose between sterling silver (shown) or 14 Karat gold, as well as this beautiful version with peachy pink pearls and gold:


Unfortunately, the $118 price tag (or $125 for the gold/peach versions) is a little bit more than I was hoping to spend on earrings. I decided to keep looking and simply use these images as inspiration. *Sigh....*

Then, though, I was pleasantly surprised when I showed the photo of these earrings to my dad and stepmom, and they offered to buy these for me as a birthday present (in August) to wear on the wedding day. I was very excited and touched! It will be nice to wear something that is a gift from my dad and stepmom, and it will make the earrings more of a keepsake for me.

I'm still hesitant to make such a purchase without seeing the earrings in person, but luckily I'll be back in NYC next week for work and I can stop by Lunessa in SOHO to see them up close and personal. Right now I am thinking that the peach pearls will look so pretty and vintagey with my gown.

Has anyone else purchased their wedding jewelry from Lunessa?

No comments: