Monday, May 26, 2008

Wedding Blog Inspiration

I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I read a lot of wedding blogs. A LOT. I'm sure a lot of you (since you're reading this wedding blog and all) share the same sentiment and slight addiction to all of the great wedding blogs out there.

When I first got engaged, I didn't really know that wedding blogs existed. Actually, I still thought that blogs were just personal journals that people kept online for the world to read, and, to be honest, I thought the whole idea was a little creepy. I had NO IDEA about all of the amazing blogs out there geared towards brides-to-be, moms-to-be, designers, computer lovers, pop culture addicts, etc. etc. etc. I had no idea that this amazing wealth of informative and inspiring blogs was hiding in the depths of the internet until my sister-in-law introduced me to Weddingbee several months into my engagement, which in turn led me to the, oh, about 7 kajillion other blogs that currently fill out my Google Reader.

Last week while in New York for the National Stationery Show, I met some of my favorite wedding and creative bloggers. I met the fabulous Mrs. Bee, as well as Anne from Perfect Bound, Vané from Brooklyn Bride, and Joy from Oh Joy! It was cool to meet these fabulously stylish and inspiring women, and it made me realize how many ideas for my own wedding I've taken from these fabulous blogs. I can't help but think that without wedding blogs, I'd still be stuck trying to come up with the perfect centerpiece idea and I'd still think that every idea on TheKnot.com must be the end-all, be-all of wedding planning.

I'm sure a lot of other brides out there feel the same indebtedness to wedding blogs as I do... so tell me: what are your favorite wedding fashion, decor, and other inspirational ideas that you have found thanks to the world of wedding blogs? What are your absolute favorite wedding blogs to read daily?

No comments: