Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hair-lelujah!

Pardon the pun in the title of this post, but I am simply ecstatic about some news that I received today and it warranted a cheesy title....

My cell phone rang while I was at work today, and when I picked up, it was my wedding-day hair stylist, Natalie, on the other end. You may recall that I was at one time completely torn because I absolutely loved what Natalie did to my hair at my trial, but I was nervous that she wouldn't have enough time to style the hair of nine people on my wedding day (myself, my six bridesmaids, and both mothers). You see, Natalie has another wedding to work that morning, so our time together would be limited. I realized the logistics wouldn't work out, so I disappointedly searched further for another stylist who would meet my standards.

After a particularly disenchanting trial elsewhere and some encouragement from the hive, I realized that I could still have Natalie do my hair, if I could find another stylist to get started on everyone else's hair earlier in the day. (Duh, why didn't I think of that myself?) I went ahead with this plan, excitedly booking Natalie, but still a little nervous about the timing aspect. I also began the hunt for a second reasonably-priced stylist. I found a good contender, but hadn't signed anything yet or put down a deposit.

Natalie's call today was to inform me that the other bride she had scheduled for my wedding day won't be needing her services anymore (apparently she won a spa package for use on her wedding day), so Natalie is now all mine for as long as I need her! I am so thrilled that now, not only will my ladies all look super fabulous with Natalie's great styles, but I will also be able to rest easy with Natalie's arrival at the hotel that morning and I won't risk being rushed to get my hair did :-)

Good things do happen sometimes!

No comments: