Saturday, April 26, 2008

Wedding Showers (Not the Kind that End in Presents)

One thing that most brides hope for on their wedding day is good weather. I am no exception — I want a beautiful, sunny, lightly breezy day that will allow us to take pictures outside and allow our guests to not get soaked as they journey from our ceremony to our reception.

Of course, I can't predict what the weather will be like on our wedding day, especially 5 months in advance, so I'm preparing myself for rain in the event that our day isn't dry after all. I guess I can handle a rainy wedding day, as long as it means some cute photo ops:

Photos found here


Photos found here

Photo found here

Photo found here

Photo found here

Photo found here

Photo found here

As much as I don't want rain on our wedding day, I do love the moodiness of rainy wedding day photos. (Rain gods, this is still not a request for a damp wedding day, okay?) I want to prepare myself with a cute umbrella in the event that some precipitation does dampen our day, but not our spirits.

There's always good old white:
62" Giant White (that's actually what it's called)

Or classic black:
Stanley Blacker Regal

Or.... Elvis??
Elvis in Concert Tupelo
(No thanks, I've always been more of a Beatles fan myself)

Then there is this cute little number, if you want to spend over $200 Canadian (yikes!):

Chantal Thomass Tulle Fronce Umbrella

Or looky at this fun polka dot number for only $35 Canadian (and it comes in teal!)
Christian Aujard Polka Dot Umbrella

And the more frilly version of polka dots (I'd steer clear of the pink and go for the classic ivory with black)

I looooooooooooooooooooooove this one for $65:

And this stripey little number with a black edge:
Mani Green (also comes in pink)

Are you preparing for possible rain on your wedding day with a cute umbrella?

No comments: