Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Winery Wedding

This past Saturday I went to visit a college friend in New Brunswick, New Jersey. It was such a gorgeous day outside, so we decided to take a ride out to a local winery for a tasting.


Now, you might not think that New Jersey is prime real estate for a winery (you Californians, stop laughing....), but I was pleasantly surprised at how sweet the Silver Decoy Winery in East Windsor was. It was started in 2001 by a group of friends who now host free wine tastings on weekends. Our gracious and incredibly friendly host, Brian, let us taste several wines, and chit-chatted with us about the winery and his adorable chocolate lab, Chester, who greets all the guests. He offered us each a full glass at one point (I went with the Pinot Grigio!) and encouraged us to explore the grounds and the rows of vines.

While we were there I noticed a photo album of an outdoor wedding that took place at Silvery Decoy last fall. Although the Silver Decoy website needs a bit of work, I did manage to find a few photos of the charming nuptials that took place there.

The wedding guests arriving

Here comes the bride....

All photos found here

I wish I could find more photos of the wedding online as the ones in the album were really lovely, but nonetheless I love how simple and sweet everything looks, just by highlighting the gorgeous land covered with rows of vines. If I had the guts to have an outdoor wedding (East Coast weather isn't always the most predictable!), I think a winery would be an amazing place.

Miss Penguin is having her wedding at a California winery.... anyone else out there having a winery wedding?

No comments: