Saturday, April 26, 2008

Vendor Crush: Twigs & Honey

I have a new vendor crush.


Myra of Twigs & Honey at Etsy creates the most beautiful hair adornments I have stumbled upon during wedding planning. Her creations are whimsical but not too out there, quirky when they need to be, and classically charming when the occasion calls for it. Just look at some of the pieces she has created (many customized):

She makes boutonieres, too!

To top it all off, Myra is terribly, terribly sweet and genuinely excited about every order and every bride that she meets. I contacted her last week and she is going to create something fabulous for me to wear in my hair at our reception, when I'll no longer be wearing my veil. Her prices are unbelievably reasonable, and she is incredibly detailed in her emails. I gave her a list of 4 or 5 pieces that she has sold that appeal to me and what I like about the different ones (size, color, beading, shape of petals, etc.), and she doesn't think I'm nuts (at least, she hasn't let on that she thinks I'm nuts ;-) ). She asked important questions and will let me request changes once she lists the reserved item in her Etsy shop for me. I am going to send her a few swatches this week so she can match the colors I'd like to include in my hair adornment.

I have seen Myra mentioned on tons of blogs in the last few weeks (and her fantastic wedding was also recently included on Style Me Pretty, as part of the Unique Weddings Week(s)) and the attention is certainly well-deserved. Her current timeline for custom orders is up to 8 weeks, because all of the positive attention has brought in tons more work and she creates each piece herself, by hand. Definitely contact her early if you'd like a custom piece!

I am so excited to see what Myra has in store for me. I will be sure to keep the hive posted.... in the meantime, be sure to check out Myra's Etsy shop and the Twigs & Honey blog!

No comments: