Friday, December 7, 2007

the icing on the cupcake!

Hello, hive!

I am beyond excited to be joining the Weddingbee world as Miss Cupcake. I was introduced to this amazing website/community several months ago by my sister-in-law, and I have since acquired so much creative inspiration, insight, and warm fuzzies from you all (not to mention a severe addiction). I've been fairly active on the boards under the name MissBlushing for the last several months, but now I'm proud to officially be Miss Cupcake! My newly instated bee-dom truly is the icing on the (cup)cake of a wonderful year for me; I hope that my experiences and adventures in wedding planning will help to contribute to the greatness that is Weddingbee!

A little about me: I have been labeled as an "old soul" by many people, and I definitely don't deny this title. I am a softy at heart, often getting teary-eyed at a commercial or magazine article, and I don't think I've ever been to a wedding where I didn't need a tissue. I was a pretty shy kid and have since grown out of my shyness for the most part, but sometimes the introvert in me comes out when I'm feeling insecure (and that's when I hide behind Mr. Cupcake, an outspoken extrovert). I am a graphic designer by trade with a love for all things designy. However, the biggest challenge for any designer is to design something for themselves.... so having a whole wedding to design has become quite the daunting task! There is so much beauty and inspiration out there that I want to incorporate, but sometimes I have to remind myself to keep things cohesive and pick things that set the tone that I want to infuse into our wedding, not just the latest adorable thing I see or think up. So, needless to say, I will be asking for lots of opinions from you out in Weddingbee land :-)

A little about the Cupcakes: Mr. Cupcake and I met four years ago at a Halloween party (both in full costume), and have been together ever since. We were long-distance for the first two years of our relationship, and we have been through a lot together. We joke that we are the opposite of each other's type, but somehow we found each other and our relationship just works. I've always been a little bit uptight and a bit of a worrier; Mr. Cupcake is laid back to a fault and doesn't worry about much, so we balance each other out nicely. We love to eat out and people-watch, we both enjoy good beer and discovering new brews, and we are a dynamic duo at Quizzo. We laugh a lot and love to bicker about silly things, but at the end of the day we're always smiling and having a good time together.

Why "Miss Cupcake"? Well... who doesn't love cupcakes? ;-)

I can't wait to share with you all the fun and experiences of planning our wedding over the next several months.... Here we go!

No comments: