Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Grand (And Colorful) Exit

I love the idea of having a grand exit from the church after our ceremony. I have always loved the classic photos of the bride & groom walking through a crowd of their loved ones, with rice or flower petals being thrown in merriment. However, that can get a little messy, and many churches won't allow anything like this that will need to be cleaned up. I have seen bubbles numerous times, and although a cute idea, I wanted to come up with something a little different that might add some color.

A while back I saw a great idea on my photographers' blog that I have been wanting to do. Instead of rice or flower petals, why not some pretty ribbons, a la the Olympic gymnasts? Okay, not quite, but it's the same basic concept. How pretty would this look with teal and chartreuse ribbons to accent our color scheme?


I do have a few concerns, like how much money will this cost me in ribbon? How easy will it be to affix the ribbon to a stick for waving? Will our guests actually do it? And will it end up turning into a big tangly mess of satin ribbon? It seemed to work for the couple in this photo, but it might take a bit more research to make sure that it would actually work.

Has anyone seen this done or done it themselves? How did it work out?

No comments: