Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Update: Hair-Raising Matter

Many of you weighed in on my post last week about my hair and makeup trials (the second of which was disastrous!). I had expressed how disappointed I was that the first stylist who did my hair so beautifully wouldn't have enough time to do my hair plus all of my girls since she has another wedding to work the same morning.... I had already asked her about having another stylist come earlier, but her usual stylist partner will already be working with her that morning, so neither of them would be able to get there until a few hours before the wedding.

It is really important to me to have the entire morning before my wedding to relax and get ready without having to leave the hotel where I'll be getting ready, and that includes having my best gals by my side. The idea of having my girls go to a salon to get their hair done was definitely my last ditch solution, but trying to find a way to make this all work with on-location stylists has proven difficult! I thought I was ahead of the game looking for stylists 6 months in advance, but apparently a lot of other brides had beat me to the punch.

With your kind words and suggestions, I realized that maybe dream stylist would be open to letting me hire another stylist on my own, to arrive in the morning to work on my bridesmaids, so when dream stylist arrives she can focus on just my hair, and I'll still have time for makeup and getting into my dress. I am happy to report that this plan will work! I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier — instead I just panicked about the timeline and thought it was all or nothing.

A reminder of the lovely casual yet classic 'do I'll be donning in September

I still have to find another stylist for my bridesmaids, but I have a few leads and I am so relieved that I at least know what my own hair will look like on my wedding day. And, I have another make-up trial all lined up, and I have a feeling this one will go much better than the last!!! (How could it not?)

So, thank you, beehive, for your compliments and encouragement to give it one last shot — now I know my hair will be super fabulous on my big day!

No comments: