Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It's All Coming Together.... Right??

Lately I've been prone to some minor wedding freakouts. I think it's because we recently passed the one-year mark of being engaged, and we now have 6.5 months left to get everything done. I have focused so much over the last year on seeking out great ideas, color schemes, inspiring photos, etc., but now I actually have to stop flip flopping and make some hardcore decisions. And as you may or may not remember, I am somewhat dreadful at making decisions. I've put some off for so long that now I'm kicking myself for not getting some of this stuff done earlier in our 19-month engagement.

Then, there are the decisions I have made that I am beginning to second-guess. For example, last week I had a little panic about the bridesmaid's dresses. They came in a few weeks ago but I haven't had the chance to go see them since I have been either sick, incredibly busy, or getting ready for my mom's wedding. I had a horrible day-mare that the teal color would be way brighter than what I was hoping for and I would hate them. So today on my way home from work, I finally stopped by Lizelle's to pick up my Matron of Honor's dress and I breathed a heavy sigh of relief: the color is perfect!!! Phew. Okay, I feel a little better. Just a little. One detail down. Too many more to go.

Here is the dress.... picture it on a person! It is Alfred Sung style D328 in Teal.

I still have some vendors to hire (namely a florist and a baker), and I also want to make final decisions about invitations, placecards, table numbers, and welcome bags soon so I'm not worrying about them in the weeks before the wedding, but I have so. many. ideas. that I like and I just don't know how to decide. Being a graphic designer is a bit of a curse at the moment, because I will nitpick and nitpick over one thing for weeks, and I think I'll drive myself insane if I do that!

Did you think you had it all together so much that you forgot to actually do stuff?

No comments: