Sunday, March 2, 2008

Here Come the Newlyweds


When I saw ads for ABC's new reality series Here Come the Newlyweds, I wasn't sure if I'd love it or be annoyed by it. However, Mr. Cupcake and I did always find ourselves giggling at the one commercial where a woman asks "how many times per week is the right amount of times to be having sex?" and a couple responds at the same time:

Her: "Two."
Him: "FIFTY!"

Giggle, giggle. Snicker, snicker.

I decided to give the show a shot on Sunday evening, and was pleasantly entertained. Not as much by the reality competition aspect of the show (never thought I'd admit it, but I'm actually getting kind of sick of reality competitions), but by the little interviews with the couples that show their personalities and dynamics. The seven couples include an arranged marriage, a couple who eloped after knowing each other for only a few months, a "love at first sight" couple, and high school sweethearts who have been together for 14 years. There is lots of joking, laughing, bickering, and eye-rolling — just like at home!

Did anyone else watch? What's your verdict?

No comments: